Monday, August 27, 2007

Almost Four

I wrote this back in January of '07 and for some reason have saved it all this time:

I'm feeling a bit nostalgic today, as I put my guy on the bus to go to school this morning realizing that in just four weeks my sweet little baby boy will be four! I cannot believe it. After his rough start I was convinced my little man wouldn't make it past his first birthday. Obviously he did, and has continued to grow and surprise me every chance he gets.

Can this big boy, this 35 pound kid who is already more than half my height, be the same boy who came into this world just over eight weeks early, weighing only 4 pounds 1 ounce and just 17.5 inches long? It can and it is and I am so happy and proud to be able to call him mine!

Someone once said to me in a fit of rage that I "deserved what I got" as far as Thomas was concerned. I couldn't agree more. In fact I am not sure I am even worthy or deserving of this sweet boy who has taught me so many lessons in his short life. He is truly my miracle boy, and I would be lost without him in my life. I can't even remember life before him, and look forward to what he's got to show me next.

No comments: