Monday, April 7, 2008

Sick & Tired

UGH! Thomas is still sick. He was puking all afternoon after school on Wednesday. Thursday he was listless and laid around most of the day, not eating but drinking some. Friday he was back to his old self, or so it seemed until he started puking again. Saturday was another no-puke day. We went outside to enjoy the (finally)nice weather and he had fun riding the four-wheeler with mom. When we came inside he laid on the couch and began throwing up again. Sunday was another great day. We went outside and he rode in his power wheel and sat on the swing for most of the day. We came in and he ate real well, played for a bit then fell asleep at 5:30 (YUCK!). Around 12:45 he woke up and needed to vomit but managed to keep it in. I came to the computer to shut it down and he laid on his back on the floor. Next thing I know, puke city all over again. In his nose, ears, hair, all over. So at 1 o'clock in the morning I was up giving him a bath. After the bath he was fine again, happy and laughing, playing and reading his books. So far today he is acting fine again.

I placed a call in to his pediatricians office and am waiting on a call back. I hope this is just a bug going around. I don't want him to have to go through any testing of any sort. I want him to be well. It is his spring break and it's not fair to him to have to spend it being sick!

*sigh*

You know those commercials for the office supplies where they have their "Easy Button"? Well, I want an easy button. I'd press it right now and Thomas would be well, my house would be clean, my laundry would be caught up and dinner would be cooked.

When did it get so hard? It seems I am forever standing atop a mountain of laundry (especially with the half dozen loads of pukey clothes and towels from the past five days). My house is overtaken by dust and dog hair. My kitchen table is the catch-all for everything - mail, books, food packages, telephone, camera, and crumbs from Thomas' breakfast.

I know, I know, get my butt off the computer and get to cleaning, maybe that would help. But it doesn't. I NEED the computer. I NEED the Internet. I NEED my friends who help talk me down when I'm freaking out. I NEED my blog to get my thoughts out of my head to make room for other things in there. I NEED the Internet to look up signs and symptoms, for freebies, for the best deals, for anything to take my mind off the zillion things I should be doing but will never find the time to do in a single day. The computer and the Internet are my link to sanity. Without them I would be sitting here pulling my hair out making strange noises as I rocked back and forth hugging myself.

Okay, maybe it wouldn't be that bad, but it would be bad.

I guess right now what I really need is to get off my butt and get to the housework. And now that I've unloaded my frustrations and anxieties I think I can do that.

1 comment:

marthy said...

Poor baby and poor Mom :( Hang in there