Monday, August 4, 2008

Summer Vacation

I must say, I am enjoying my summer "vactation". Although it was kind of forced upon me with the absence of our babysitter, I have embraced the time off and been pretty productive with my time.

Thomas is enjoying have his mom home every day. Sometimes he will even work with me on learning to identify shapes. Mostly we just hang out. He loves to come back to my home office and play around while I work on web sites. Occasionally he crawls on my lap and types emails to his grandmas. I'm not sure which language he is using, but they seem to be able to interpret them pretty easily.

Meanwhile I am quite busy with my web design business. I was hired to do another site that could lead to many more, I completed a site I had in progress, and did updates to another. Now I am just waiting on my clients to send me my money. My business is in the black which is great! I won't be able to support my family with it anytime soon but it's a good start. Now that I'm home I have more time to learn some new programs that will eventually make my job easier.

So all in all losing our sitter turned out not to be so bad. I've even managed to squirrel away some money into our savings account! Go figure! I manage to save more money when I'm not working than I did when I was.

No comments: