Monday, September 10, 2007

Therapy makes him sad.


Poor Thomas. Poor Mom. This is the face I have to look at while we are on our way to therapy. As soon as Thomas sees a certain landmark on the drive to therapy he pulls this face. It is the saddest face I have ever seen in my life and it breaks my heart that I am partially at fault for causing it. It's not that he doesn't like therapy. Once we get there and the therapist comes out for him, he is generally happy. He has fun back there, really he does. So why the sad face? I wish I knew, I wish he could tell me, I wish he didn't need therapy, I wish I wish I wish... But it is what it is and he has to go. So four days a week I try not to look in the rearview mirror. And four days a week I fail, I look, and my heart breaks a little each time.

No comments: