Monday, February 11, 2008

Happy Birthday to my Baby Boy!


Five years old. I can't believe it. It has been five years since I was blessed with my amazing and sweet little boy. He is not so little anymore, growing faster than I care to admit. This last year has been such a big year for him. He's come so far in social, physical, and even mental development.

Can this little boy, now five years old and becoming so independant, be the tiny baby who came rushing into this world 8 weeks too early? He was eager to come out and greet the world, and has been doing things at his own pace ever since. Some things take him longer, and some things seem to come much too fast.

Saturday we had a nice party with many of our friends and family helping to celebrate. He received so many nice gifts and still, two days later, has yet to explore them all. Last year he was still a bit anxious in a crowd and cried when we sang "happy birthday." This year he was a little social butterfly and was all smiles during the singing. He even ate some of his cake!

This has been one of the best years I have had the pleasure of sharing with Thomas. I can only hope the coming year has as many accomplishments and joys as the past one did.

No comments: