Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The boys got skills...

There's not a whole lot to complain about here in Thomas' world. He is doing great in school, and while he never wants to actually get dressed to go, once he's on his way he's happy as a clam. I'm still bribing him each morning with new books (thank goodness for Goodwill!), but hey, we do what we gotta do. Speech therapy is going well, and while he's not talking, his communication skills have improved so much that life around here has gotten a lot easier.

The other day I was sitting near Thomas and asking where certain body parts were, and he correctly pointed to my toes, feet, knees, tummy, hair, head, and when I asked where my mouth was he leaned in and gave me a kiss. I counted that as correct. ;o) He gets confused on eyes and nose however, so we're working on that.

On the baby front, after another couple ultrasounds I am pleased to announce that there is one healthy dancing baby in there. I was sad that the second baby pulled a vanishing act, but one will be easier on everyone, including Thomas. I know he'll have a hard time dealing with having to share the attention, the toys, and *gasp* his books! But we'll get through it. When I ask him where the baby is he will point to my belly, which is so so cute. If I'm too far away when I ask, he'll point to his own belly. LOL I'm getting ready to start weekly progesterone shots to help reduce the risk of another preterm delivery. I'm hoping to find out the gender at one of my weekly ultrasounds that are about to start soon too. Then I can start the serious shopping!

That's about it. We're getting ready for Christmas and I must say I am not prepared at all. I still have gifts to buy and nothing has been wrapped. We took a gift to Thomas' speech therapist yesterday and he got mad that he couldn't open. (really what would he have done with a Yankee Candle anyway?) So I think after I do get the gifts wrapped I won't be able to put them under the tree, because Thomas will open them all the first chance he gets. The tree has been up since the day after Thanksgiving, and he is finally leaving it alone - two broken and one missing ornament later! Don't even get me started trying to count the number of candy canes he has snuck off the tree!

Thomas' daddy and I both turned 30 in November. I don't know if it's the pregnancy or the number but I'm definately feeling OLD lately. I'm guessing it's a combination of both.

2 comments:

Holly Anderson said...

Girlfriend - don't tell me you're feeling old at 30. Where does that leave me at almost 38???

Glad to hear T's doing so well!!!

Anonymous said...

Thomas is one of the most amazing little guys i know! Glad all is well with the new baby! Please keep me updated!